Thread: Grampa's 60
View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2023, 06:57 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1960 GMC 3/4 Ton
Walys60 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Grampa's 60

Okay, got the front end finished. This isn't the 'latest' video but is the beginning of the end of the front

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

So, now here is my dilemma...I decided that I wanted to keep it 'patina'. The body is straight as an arrow and it really has the 'look' for a good patina truck. Or I should say it HAD the look. Once I started after it with the pressure washer, the white that painted over the seafoam back in 62 kind of went sideways.

I don't know, I'm a little too close to the project obviously and was hoping I could get some honest opinions of the patina as it is turning out. Either way I'm going to keep going with it...if I end up scrapping the patina and just repaint it all has to come off anyway.

Oh, also, there is a new product that clearcoats patina paint. Specially formulated to adhere to it (mechanically) vs. regular clearcoat which is designed to adhere to paint (chemically). So whatever I end up with after getting all the 'loose' pain off is then protected and will be stopped from deteriorating any further.

Anywho, let me know what you think please!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg user1572_pic3849_1445612531.jpg (2.88 MB, Multiple views, 9 clicks)
File Type: jpg PXL_20230128_163131577.jpg (4.41 MB, Multiple views, 15 clicks)

Last edited by Walys60; February 3rd, 2023 at 07:59 PM.