View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2022, 06:24 AM

Truck: 1966 GMC 1500 Custom
LordNatedawg will become famous soon enoughLordNatedawg will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Lower control arm bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsays View Post
Ok, 1966 3/4 ton. My lower control are bushings are dog bone type bushing. They are bolted straight to the lower control arm. Now any type of kit I find is for a chevy c20 but the lower control arm bushing is round and attached using u joints. Has anyone converted to the round type bushings ? Someone has to have dealt with this, seems the 1/2 ton gmc has the round. Only 3/4 tons and some c20s have the bone shape style. Thanks for any help.
I ran into this when I was converting my '66 to front disc brakes. To my knowledge, the crossmembers were dogbone style in the early 60s and then changed in 63 to the tube type arms. This would mean that someone swapped your xmember out. I could be wrong.

To solve the issue, I got a different crossmember from AspenAutoAZ. Support your engine with a hoist and take out the old crossmember. It's heavy, so I advise calling a friend. You can also nab one from any truck up to 1987 if I remember correctly.

Last edited by LordNatedawg; November 25th, 2022 at 06:31 AM.