View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2016, 12:59 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Project "Honor your Father" - Ultra quick boat project (I hope)

Long story made short due to loss of pics

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Replaced water pump, wiring to the dash switches, plan to replace fuse box because it only works half the time at powering things unless you wiggle the wires. Suspect corrosion but can't see anything when I take it apart. He runs though...or well, he did. We've been fishing up a storm. Powder puff caught a 5 lb 4 oz blue cat on a spinnerbait of all things! Also been dropping lots of stuff overboard. My jump-box (200 bucks), a rod and reel I inhereted (130 bucks), a pair of sunglasses (30 bucks), My phone with all my pics ($200 bucks), and many little things. Didn't know what a klutz I was until this past two months.

And then things turned nasty this past weekend. We made two fun-trips around the lake before settling down in our fishing hole. About 20 minutes of good hard running at wide open throttle.

When we stopped we heard a horrible rattling noise coming from the engine and it just died. KAPUT! Opened the head to look at the pistons and this is what I found.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I priced a new motor. $10,000! Yeah right! Second hand is still more than I gave for Cecilia. No way buddy. So today I pulled the powerhead. I'm about to learn how to do pistons. 4 1/2 hours of work and the powerhead is sitting on the ground in my garage.

Oh, and the Dad in this picture? He got to feeling better and true to his scottish nature became stubborn, went back to work and said he'd try to visit every few months.

I'm not mad, just sad about it. Good news is the Powderpuff, The Boy, and The Little Blonde are all making wonderful memories with me fishing, swimming, and flying down the lake on a tiny pad of water with the wind in our hair.

And now we'll have more memories as we rebuild the engine that pushed us for what? 3 months now? Life is an adventure I guess.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.