View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2021, 03:39 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1960 GMC 3/4 Ton
Walys60 is on a distinguished road
Default 60 1500 Parts...HELP!

Okay folks, I am starting to get a little concerned now. I CANNOT find an upper control arm shaft for the truck. I have ordered it from 2 different suppliers and both are not correct. I found a part number (3845624) from a NOS part I found on eBay that 'looks' correct, but still may not be.

This is the 1960 GMC 3/4 ton 1500 I'm talking about. It looks like it might have been common to the 61 as well, but it seems that the Chevy 60-61 is not the same.

All I really HAVE to have are the seals. The bushings are fine, though would prefer replacing them. The shafts are definitely fine but all I'm seeing that has even been close are the entire kits, shaft/bushing/seal so if that is what I have to do I will.

There isn't much left of the original seals, otherwise maybe one can be custom made...? I don't know. I have also gotten the wrong part for the lower shaft but 'think' I have found one at performance parts...for $225!!!! (sigh)...so I can have the $5 seals I need. Cost is one thing...but not finding parts at all is whole other problem. I have a painful feeling that this is just the start of what is going to be a very frustrating process.

If anyone can help at all I would sure appreciate it!

Thanks,
Ron S.