View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2016, 01:58 AM

Truck: 1960 short bed, step side
60ShortStpeGMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Black Widow Build (1960 1/2 ton)

So the hesitation during acceleration showed up again. Dadgum.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Decided to gasket-ize the new adapter. Right in the middle of the two adapter pieces. Just in case. While I had the carb off I inspected the throttle blades. They were sticky before I rebuilt it. Certainly not sticky. Double guessing myself is all. But, found that the throttle cam moved a wee bit before the accelerator pump moved.

Hmm.

Sure enough, the throttle blades would open about 1/16th before the accelerator pump would engage. "Gee" I said, all by myself in the garage. "Wouldn't that mess with the air/fuel mixture?" I'm sure the old-timers reading this are saying 'saw it right off'.

Long story short, adjusted the "throttle rod" to remove all play in the throttle cam. Hesitation at acceleration gone.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?