View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2022, 02:47 PM
-= Extreme Supporter =-

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 2wd
James will become famous soon enoughJames will become famous soon enoughJames will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Frustrated with Rock Auto

Your right Rock Auto only show the window type (according to the pictures they provided) for the 64. However the number you found seem to be the correct one base on several part web sites. Here is a google search results: https://www.google.com/search?q=ACDE...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Today auto part company only know what the computer tells them. And it mostly for a 305 V8. There again I always had part issue with old engines. 40 years ago I had worked on the 50s engines that wasn't even listed in their part books and I had to tell them what the number was. It got to a point they quit asking what I was working on and ask what part number do I need.

I try to keep a record of all of the correct part numbers I have bought for my 64 in case I need to buy another one. I have bought a lot of wrong parts for my truck, mostly because the information they provide is not enough to know if it will works.

My truck is a little different:
I converted the brakes system from drum to disc using newer stock (1980-82) and aftermarket (brake lines, hoses, and fittings) parts.
Bullet HEI Distributor.
Holley 2 Barrel Carburetor with a custom made adapter (tried the cheap universal one and it is junk).