View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2014, 02:58 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ethanol (corn squeezins) gas in engines writeup in Modern Tire Dealer Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroer1962v3000Dump View Post
Yesterday I got a call on a 2004 dodge caravan that the transmission was going out. STAY WITH ME.... I drove about 30 miles to pick it up and bring back to my garage. With the Crappy Ethanol still fresh in my mind I asked for what fuel they last put in...........They in just the last month switched to E-85 because it was so much cheaper and their dodge is e-85 capable. The mini van didn't have enough power to load onto dolly sputtering couldn't pull itself. After loading with a winch and towing 25 miles towards home I stopped off at a gas station and started the van prior to putting gas in it, but still had no power and sputtered for a couple min.... I shut off van and then put in $15 of 93 Ethanol Free gas at $3.99 pg Towed home another 5 miles. Started the van again but this time it sputtered for maybe 20 sec then ran Flawless , Drove it off dolly and they ran around for 20 min until we where sure the problem was solved. She drove it back to work today.

Thanks for starting this thread

Haha! That's a good one.

I just heard that Daytona Parts from florida sells ethanol resistant carb rebuild kits with special inverted needles and seats that don't get gummed up. I can tell you the needles that come with rebuild kits at Autozone don't even seal well. I kept my old one in my rebuild.
Anyway they're American made so you can't beat that. I have an email in to them about my Stromberg ww now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.