View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2015, 10:56 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1966 2503
wcstory is on a distinguished road
Default Bent push rods - specs needed

Been too busy to spend much time tinkering with the 1966 GMC 2503 I bought last winter. I decided to have my mechanic see why she was running so rough. Figured it has to be the points. After all it only has 13,000 miles on a 305 v6.

A few days later I call asking if they have the motor out as a joke. He gives priority to peoples daily get to work vehicles over weekend toys (as he should). A couple days later he calls to tell me the motor may have to come out. The started with a compression test, cylinders 2 & 3 are flat zero and #1 is at 25 pounds. NOT what I wanted to hear. He stopped right there till he could talk to me.

I was going to have him pull the valve covers and check for problems with the heads. I decided to not have him do that, I figured put that money toward a used engine or repairs. I brought my '66 home in abject defeat. I decided to pull the drivers side valve cover. One of the push rod in #1 was a "S" and 3# was tweaked. Time to pull the heads. I'm hoping there are no bent valves.

I ordered a Fel-Pro Master gasket set and 12 Sealed Power RP-3099 push rods. I'm waiting for the parts to come in before tearing down the heads.

What are the head torque specs? Can someone please post or PM me the torque specs and valve lash. I'll take ALL the info I can get.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150617_181236884.JPG (208.7 KB, Multiple views, 4 clicks)

Last edited by wcstory; June 18th, 2015 at 11:30 PM.