View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2015, 04:45 AM

Truck: 1966 1500 351E
odin8183 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Whatever happened to Lewis Matkin?

I'm an old timer in the 6066 group (2002) and I haven't been that active in the last couple of years. The membership list in 2003 was 56 people. Over the years our participation level can change for various reasons, especially as we age. I'm now back- even though it's at a reduced level, so when the question came up on Lewis I was naturally interested and concerned. He was a very knowledgable gentleman, a reliable source and a real asset to the group. I've still kept data/info he provided to us years ago.
I did an internet search using Ed's info and found that Lewis Ellis Matkin Jr., if I'm reading his Facebook page correctly-- was the Pastor of a very small Church, Fort Dade Baptist Church in Dade City, Florida in 2014. He is the same guy that is also a NAPA/GPC parts professional reflected on Linkedin. He just got married, probably in his mid to late fifties- about 2 years ago so maybe being a newly wed, preaching and working at NAPA restricted his time a little. I did not try to contact him via Facebook or otherwise but I certainly wish him well.
Cheers!

Odin8183
Claude O'Tyson
Meridian, Idaho
1966 GMC 1500, 351E (I've owned 31 years) with HEI and 500 Holley conversion still carrying the 1966 10" Alaskan Camper

Thanks to the fabulous Jolly, to Pete, Ed, Kenny, David, Richard, Marti, Don and many other nice folks for knowledge, guidance and inspiration all these years. Sam's music still sounds great!

1971 CJ-5 Jeep, 225 V6, Saginaw Power Steering and HEI conversion