View Single Post
Old September 9th, 2018, 02:40 PM

Truck: 1966 GMC, 1954 Chevy
bigboar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Started build on a 66’ (Photo Heavy)

Quote:
I need some west coast mirrors, too! The small back window limits visibility.:well done:
How was your drive? And how did your power steering come out?
Thanks! I have now been on multiple trips and I gotta say, the air ride is awesome. Also, the shop I had do the alignment did an awesome job. The truck far exceeded my expectations for driveability and I have taken 4 people rides and all have commented they can’t believe how well it rides. The 2.73 gear in the rear worked out about perfect. I was running 65 the other day and if I remember right it was humming along at around 2k rpms. The powers steering is great. It reminds me of an 85 Camaro I had. It’s not too easy but just enough and feels tight like that car did.

I just purchased a 54 I am gonna be starting soon. It will have a speedway chassis with ford 9” four link and rack and pinion. This one is getting a ride tech air ride setup and a 383 stroker with a 700r4. I will be doing this one gloss and powder coating the chassis, etc. I already bought a ford 9” and took the third member from it to put in the speedway housing that has curry axles. I am done powdercoating it and in the process of installing 3.70 gear along with an Eaton true track position carrier. This is all for another thread but here is a before and after of it.
Attached Images
File Type: png BDD62587-4AF5-43CE-9ACF-B5CDB12FA26A.png (5.67 MB, Multiple views, 4 clicks)
File Type: jpeg 0B615C05-EE5B-43D3-87C2-1677E7982752.jpeg (2.81 MB, Multiple views, 7 clicks)