Old April 25th, 2014, 11:44 PM

Truck: 1966 1000 Custom
Onuma is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Court Date for my '66

Update:

New glass front & side.
New gas tank; pinholes from rust in the bottom, leaked like a sieve
New (to her) rebuilt carb on the now-identified 1977 305 V8 engine
New leaf spring brackets where someone had taken a grinder to the old ones! You could, quite literally, lift the cut bracket off the leaf spring. There was only 1 half-cut bracket holding it all together.

She's a lot of work, but I don't feel any need to rush things along. I'm just glad I got to keep her, due to some extenuating circumstances arising with home repairs. Replacing a the main sewer drain from your house all the way to the county line runs about $7k in these parts

Next up: On Monday I'll be taking the front/left fender to the auto lab (at my school; I'm currently taking an auto body welding class) and replacing a rotting lower section, as well as straightening up the tailgate hooks with a torch & hammer. How those got so bent up in the first place is a mystery, but I'll chalk it up to the teenager who used to own this thing.

Oh, and someone had decided to use the hood as a deck for spray painting some parts...black. That's why that mess is there
Aside from that, she's running & driving well. The new carb is great; IIRC it's a rochester dualjet.