View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2015, 02:29 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Well this weekend something scary happened. We were driving home with a bunch of 2x4s and 4x6's for the fence and Cecilia just STOPPED on us. We were a half mile from home and she just sputtered and quit.

"Oh Cecilia, you're breaking my heart..."

I pulled her off the main road and checked the battery connections. "Suck, Spark, and Blow are what trucks need," I heard in my head. The battery connections are good. I pulled off the breather and had Powder Puff push the gas pedal. An anemic amount of gas poured into the carb.

That pointed me to the gas side of things. I had just put about 2 gallons in her before driving the past 10 miles and the gauge registered 1/8 of a tank. I didn't think she was empty, but a friendly passer-by offered his lawn mower can so I dumped it in. Still no dice.

So I pulled off the line to the carb from the filter and tried to crank it. Here's what I saw.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Notice the profound lack of gasoline squirting everywhere. Next I pulled the filter off and tried it with that. Nope, still nothing. So I left Cecilia on the side of the road and ran to O'Reillys to get a new fuel pump. It's 180 miles away. It'll be here on Monday.

The Redhead has been driving consistently all summer and she happened to be in town with the F250 "Cocoon" her daddy got her for her first car. So with a lot of instruction I used a 25 ft strap and 5 ft of chain to tie Cecilia to the F250 and we tore off home at a blistering 15 MPH.

Surprisingly, The Redhead did a great job towing, only popping my neck about 4 times through the whole trip. She drove, I rode and steered in Cecilia. I wish I had gotten a pic, but I was too worked up and it was 90000 degrees so I didn't think about it. I just knew she'd pull me into a car or a tree.

Anyway, all went well and Cecilia is parked, waiting on a new fuel pump. I'll go through that step by step too when the time comes

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I sure missed turning her wrenches, but I wasn't ready to get back on it just yet!

More soon....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.