Thread: Bed Wood
View Single Post
Old October 27th, 2014, 04:58 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Bed Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
I don't remember the measurements, except I remember the boards are longer than 8', so I had to buy 10' boards. I think they were one inch over 8'? I measured the orig boards and duplicated the dado/shallow rabbit. I used white oak and I put Thompson water seal on mine every year. It's four years old and it's not uncommon for it to sit outside.

I painted the inside of the bed and the metal rails with bedliner paint, and installed stainless hardware.

I still use it as a truck... I can easily patch paint the bedliner paint and it doesn't look like it was patched. I carry a tarp behind the seat to help protect the wood.

If I attached the picture correctly, there should be a picture attached that I took last month for insurance.
I like the painted inside there Clarke. I might do that with Cecilia once I get her bed back to good.

Oh, and Aphaynes here's some stuff I found that I might use to treat my oak boards. I don't know that I'd bother with some exotic boards because you know they used pine from the factory and it lasted about 40 years in a working environment.

http://www.amazon.com/System-Starter...A1ZQ4RBIUH3AMZ

It cures clear and is for marine use. Tough stuff, supposedly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.