View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2019, 03:16 PM

Truck: 1962 GMC 1000 panel truck
Chuck78 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 305D V6 rebuild parts ? buyable ? ? Custom made ? ? ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChevy62 View Post
The other impossible to find item was the oversize pistons, I had to have them made by Arias Pistons, and they were $1100 for the set(forged 3-ring pistons), including new wrist pins, retainers, and piston rings.

Old post...jumping back several years to ask if you still have info on this...
Dealing with JE Pistons for motorcycle custom pistons, as well as CP and WIseco.
If you have your invoice or boxes for the pistons or any info, others may perhaps be able to use your order # and name to have Arias dig up the drawings that they had your pistons machined from, and be able to reproduce a set for other GMC big block 305 V6 owners.
If you are still around here and have that info, re-posting would be very beneficial!

I had got on here today looking for info on engine mounts, as I have new bellhousing mounts but couldn't remember what to look for or where to buy V6 engine mounts or alternative parts. It would be nice if we had a sticky thread to aggregate a list of all known part numbers and alternative parts that will work. Like my starter motor - I got a starter for my truck off of a part number mentioned here a dozen years ago, and everything was the same except the mounting nose, which I was able to swap from my original onto the new reman old Chevy big block (Corvette? 348?409? 427?) starter motor parts.
One definitive list collecting all of this info in one place would be really helpful.
I realize a lot of parts such as crank main and rod big end bearings are just TOUGH to find, but for some parts, members have found more obscure sources for these parts, and perhaps we could start posting for info in one place to make searches simpler.

Thanks!

Chuck Lambert in Columbus, Ohio, USA
*'77-'79 Suzuki GS motorcycles, '76 Rickman CR900 roadracer.
*Dirtbikes: 2 Kawasaki KDX220R's, '77 Suzuki PE250, '83 PE175