View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2022, 05:44 PM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1500, 478 V6, SM420
Prowbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Part Numbers for General Maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboygunner View Post
Good evening everyone! Was hoping to get some insight around fluid recommendations and a filter part number. I have a '62 C1500 with a 351 V6. She needs an oil change. The rear end is a Dana 60. What is everyone's preferred oil choice? I understand having high ZDDP(?) content is a must. Also, what part number does everyone use for the canister oil filter? Socket size on that monster plug in the pan? Rear end gasket part number? I tried searching the forum, but it doesn't come easy. I am sure this question has come up a gazillion times. I'll only ask once, I promise! Thanks in advance!
Any classic oil with high zinc advertised should do. As for the Dana 60, assuming it needs an oil change, it has its own drain plug on the bottom. No need to change the gasket.

Canister oil filter is Wix 51121. It comes with the correct gasket. Make sure you remove the old gasket before installing the new gasket, it sits in its own recess. Don't ask me how I know...