View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2013, 05:48 PM

Truck: 1965 GMC Pickup 305e V6
melmashman is on a distinguished road
Default Inherited 1965 GMC I took to Alaska in 2008

My wonderful stepmom, Dottie Mashman (dottie@mashman.com), died of cancer on Feb 2nd, 2013. She was a fabulous person and a very capable engineer.
She really enjoyed her 1965 GMC Truck/Camper and lived in it for many years with my dad (deceased).

I am Mel Mashman, Dottie Mashman's stepson. Dottie was an active member of the 6066 club and I actually introduced her to the club and am going to return to using it in my name mel@mashman. Dottie has given me her 1965 GMC Pickup/Camper. I actually bought it from her and my dad in 1978 and took it across the country on a road trip with my wife. I later gave it back to them. In 2008 after Dottie did some maintenance my wife and I drove it from the middle of California to Alaska and back. It was a fabulous trip!

Last summer Dottie rebuilt the steering box, converted a port-a-pottie to a toilet with a holding tank and added a solar panel for the camper. These renovations removed the spare under the chassis and required the vehicle to have a single wheel size. So Dottie converted the front wheels to the same size as the rear. Before her death she did a 3 day test drive/camp and was told that it ran extremely well.

With the help of the 6066 friends she was able to obtain new motor mounts which I plan on having installed soon. I also plan on using the 6066 site to obtain information on converting the 3 speed V6305e to either a transmission with an overdrive or one with more gears. I plan on using the truck/camper for trips all over the West.

For pictures of the 1965 GMC truck/camper use this link.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/melmash...th/2491793365/
You can do a slide show on the top right.

Thanks for having this wonderful sharing of information web site.

Mel Mashman