Thread: Jeeps
View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2013, 03:02 AM
Banned

Truck: None. Sold them all and became a hermit.
BarryGMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Jeeps

Well the boys cj5 is coming along its almost ready for paint on the frame and tranny transfer case is sorted out. Once we paint it I will post some pics. Second I have decided to build the Willys truck this winter. I have a 62 305 v6 and a 420 trans sitting and ready for a refresh. It was a good running engine so I will only put some seals and paint on this. This jeep will get an old Watson auxiliary behind the trans with a 2.11 under drive a direct drive and a .81 overdrive. Behind this goes a np 205. This will feed a d44 front from a scout with chevy 8 bolt hubs, and a custom by Barry d60 rear that is narrowed 6 inches. Both axles have Detroit lockers and 3.73 gears. This rig is my sleeper 4x4. Way old school. Usually I don't share much because I don't want to give away my secrets. But I think this build may help keep some of these old jimmies true to the old way of thinking. Extremely under driven and nicely overdriven. This old v6 will love it. Think about this. Lowest gearing @1800 rpm, wheels turns 16 times in one minute. Highest gear @ 1800 rpm wheels turn 600 times in one minute. I will post pics soon. Barry