Thread: Gray Matter
View Single Post
Old December 9th, 2020, 03:47 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1961 Suburban 1962 GMC Utility
Funky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really nice
Default Gray Matter

I'm pretty sure gray knobs were specific to the 60-61 GMC's, but I am not an expert so I am just restating what I've seen and read here and elsewhere.
(please correct me if I'm wrong)

Anyway I picked up a few more knobs; two for the factory radio and a gray knob cigarette lighter. Luckily I kept the gray single-speed original wiper knob, so I have that too.

I have gray everything else; Vents/Choke and am just missing the gray HEAT knob from the heater

Here are a few photos and you can see the gray either looks darker or lighter depending on the light. I am replacing the chrome-ring type which I think are Chevy truck but am not sure.

*TRIVIA
There is another item that was in my Suburban when I purchased it back in 2007. Preliminary research tells me it may be from the 40's or 50's.

It's the Bird-Beaked looking item in the photo....Is it a can opener or picnic cheese shredder or moustache comb?......What is it's purpose?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1119.JPG (1.46 MB, Multiple views, 14 clicks)