View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2019, 08:05 PM

Truck: 64 1/2 ton
tbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 1964 GMC Model 1002 build journal

Decided to start attacking some of these electrical gremlins. The parking lights and turn signals mounted in the hood were non working, high beams were inoperable too. along with that no turn signal dash indicators. A quick look at the firewall connector, looked bad , cleaned it up but was making good contact when I finished. I ended up running individual ground wires from the parking light housing to the firewall. Everything works as it should. I have a sneaking suspicion that because of the way the park lenses clip in, they fail to keep contact electrically as the 55 years has come and went. The dimmer switch was kaput and replaced it and the melted connector, now all my T3s light and the little blue light in the dash does too. It was a good Sunday in the shop.

Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2173.JPG (5.41 MB, Multiple views, 7 clicks)

1953 Chevrolet 3100
261 cu inch, SM420
Finished Cab off restoration

1964 GMC 1000
305 V6, SM 420
Restoration is now started, still looking for an oldsmobile style power steering pump