View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2020, 04:54 AM

Truck: 1966 GMC 1500 Custom
LordNatedawg will become famous soon enoughLordNatedawg will become famous soon enough
Default Re: "Papa Smurf" - 1966 GMC 1500 Custom

I think I figured out the "mystery hubs". I measured and looked up the wheel studs. According to auto-part websites, the only vehicle that these studs fit is a Jeep J20 (1974-1987). I either have the hubs for a J20, or an entire axle. Hard to tell because the casting marks on the axle tube are illegible. Luckily the brake parts are the same either way.

Speaking of brake parts: I installed the last big piece of brake line today. One long piece of 1/4" line that runs from the master cylinder, behind the engine, down the frame, and to the rear axle. It was a pain in the butt to install, but it's done. 1/4" line doesn't bend nearly as smoothly as 3/16". Also, I didn't bother jacking my truck up. I opted to crawl around underneath with very little ground clearance and repeatedly hit my head on the auxiliary fuel tanks. Probably would've been easier if I had more room to work with, but hindsight is 20/20.

The last 2 pieces of brake line will get installed when I finish the brake rebuild. The rebuild will either happen late this week or early next week. I'm still waiting on a few parts. Once that is done, just need to tweak a few small things and I'll have a functioning truck.