Thread: GMCDAC's GMCs
View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2014, 03:22 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GMCDAC's GMCs

Quote:
Those poor babies! you need to toss that junky ol' racecar out in the snow and warm them up good!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I really dig that 55. I'd like to see those build pics you have when you feel like it. I might start one as a project once I finish Cecilia as a "modernize" style build like the one on "Last Man Standing". I can't see messing up my GMC, but an old chevy from the 50's I can probably get over modernizing.

Great trucks! You're a lucky man!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Yeah-LOL the racecar needs to go! I am lettering it so it better stay inside till I'm done, hopefully by tomorrow evening, maybe Monday.

Glad you like the '55. When I get the racecar outa here I will try to start the thread but it probably won't be liked too well, the GMC 248 six was replaced with a mid sixties Chevy 230 long before I got the truck. Other than that it is about all the modernization that one got besides the tires and a CD player, and that was only because someone hacked the radio hole in the dash.

I'm glad you don't want to mess up Cecilia and the road you travel with her suits me fine! It has to be a blast for you all going through all the trials of gettin' an old GMC roadworthy! I think these GMCs have a better story to tell when some of their past is preserved even if you don't know it's past like me with the '55.

You hit the nail on the head with modernizing a Chevy, I have heard that the post WWII production numbers were about 4 or 5 Chevys to 1 GMC clear up to 1972 and maybe even after that. If I hot rodded a Chevy pickup I bet it would end up with a GMC grill and tailgate on it though!-LOL!

Later---DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday