View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2014, 05:05 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough
Default Re: GMC Shifter and Turn signal knobs Auto vs. Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1960HDGMC View Post
Hey GMCNut, you mean that in 61 GMC used the shape of the Chevy knobs, but in this same GMC Gray knob color? That is wild. I would love to see a picture of those. Do you happen to know what the 1962 GMC knobs did, color and shape? Also, do you know what year the Turn Signal Arm lost the threaded end and went to the flat, angled end? Thanks for the help, Greg Mead
Sure - I will find that grey 61 shifter I have and post pics of it next to a grey 60. In 1962, GMC followed Chevrolet and went to all Black knobs vs making specially colored ones just for GMC - this cut cost and made it easier to run both lines by sharing more parts going forward. So the 60-62 turn signal arm was the screw in type used to actuate a cable running the length of the column that actually connected to the switch itself manually switching it to operate the turn signals. In 63 they did away with the cable operated design and flattened the end of the turn signal arm to accommodate mounting to the now well known 63 up style switch pawl or cancel cam.

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)