View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2014, 07:17 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough
Default Re: GMC Shifter and Turn signal knobs Auto vs. Manual

So for the purposes of this thread at least, lets call this black knob the "Trumpet" design and the Grey one Barry posted the "Tulip" design to keep it simple. So the Tulip design was borrowed from the 59-61 era Chevrolet cars but I do not know for sure which one or any of them had the grey knob - I think I have seen a early Impala w/ tulip grey knob. The tulip knob was for sure made in black and used on the cars so a reproduction is probably available that could be painted grey if need be. The trumpet knob started in 61 on trucks, and was black on Chevy and Grey on GMC. I am not 100% sure if there was ever a grey version of the conical turn signal arm knob you show here - I have only seen the tulip version on 60 & 61 GMC's so I do not think it changed in 61, and for that matter, I cannot say all 61's had the trumpet style knob, because usually GM always had leftovers used on the first run of new models, so if someone said they had an original untouched 61 w/ tulip knob, I would have no reason to dispute that as being correct. I would say the grey tulip would be correct for 60 & 61 and the trumpet grey knob 61 specific.

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)