Thread: Usaf 1970 wm-80
View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2020, 03:57 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1970 GMC WM-80
SgtSnuffy is on a distinguished road
Default Usaf 1970 wm-80

Hello,

My name is John and I am new to the club. I recently picked up a retired military truck, it was a USAF POL fuel truck that a farmer removed the tank from.

It has the 478M with Allison automatic and air brakes on all axles.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

The only problem with the truck I have found so far is a melted piston. I'm not sure where or how I will get a replacement. All of the custom piston makers I called said no as soon as I specified "5.125 inch"

I hope to save the engine if at all possible, my long term plan is to build a roll-back for it. Would make a nice hauler for taking my tractors to shows.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by SgtSnuffy; November 18th, 2020 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Spelling