View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2014, 08:20 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1965 GMC 1000
aphaynes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New 66 GMC ratrod project

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbohounds View Post
A few things my husband didn't mention about the '66: it's MY baby and will retain all of it's unique GMC features on the body when it gets restored in a few years. The reason I want the 327 in it is because it's the motor out of my Dad's Chevelle and I used to work on it with him. The 351 does not run and even has some fabric sucked into the carb somehow. I'll sell it to someone who will appreciate it, but I really wanted something to put my Dad's motor in. He's been gone 5 years and this motor is a link directly to him that I cherish. I just want to get the truck back on the street and get that 327 back on the road too at the same time. I'm building a street rod, not a stocker so I think he picked the wrong message board. I don't want a Chevy truck, they are a dime a dozen and I grew up with a '57 GMC that I loved and wish I knew where it was. Don't shoot the messenger--this idea is all mine. I love old trucks and look forward to getting it back on the road again instead of sitting, rusting away in somebody's back yard.
The truck is your baby and the engine is a piece of YOUR history via your dad. It may not be "GMC history", but I can respect the "family history" aspect of what you wanting to do; even more so if you plan to keep it in the family for generations to come.