View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2016, 03:58 PM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 LWB Wideside 305E V6.
TJ's GMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Too much timing?

Ok folks, so I have an update. Turns out my new distributor's vacuum advance pump has a hole in it or something as I can blow air through it. So I took the pump off of my 292's dizzy and I now have advance. On my edelbrock there's two vacuum ports...one is timed vacuum and the other is full constant vacuum...I tired the 2nd port first which put the idle advance at around 16 and Man....you talk about that motor really becoming smooth and quiet...it always had a cool lope to it, but once the timing advanced that far the motor was super smooth and quiet. Took it for a test run and it was much peppier and pulled a bit better( I need to get my manifold machined for that 4 barrel because the 4 down to 2 ain't doing it no more.) I then tried it on the 1st port and the engine seemed to like that best. The 1st port offers No vacuum advance at idle, but once you rev it the advance comes in....so I bumped the timing up to 10 degrees and ran it....seemed to be happier. I will be uploading a video that I'll post this afternoon guys. See ya.

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420
1966 Chevy C10 292 hotrod 6/TKO600

My youtube channel aka Military Chevy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.