Thread: stuck 478
View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2013, 06:56 AM

Truck: GMC V12 powered '46 Chevy pu
Cayoterun is on a distinguished road
Default Re: stuck 478

Tonight is the first time I connected this thread with the PMs we had exchanged.

First, if I find an irrigation stand to sit it in, would you want me to grab it? You could run it in the stand by running a garden hose in the surge tank and letting the cold water circulate and run over. Messy, but works.
I'll also be on the look-out for any junkers here, in case you need more misc. parts. Some of them even had hand clutchs on them.

Curious? Bored .060, does that add enough ci to bring it up near or over 500ci total?
If it did, and someone asked if it was 478, 351, or ?, you could honestly say, "Naa, it's a 503.5", or whatever. Makes good braggin' rights, and size they had never heard of.

That's another thing that's fun with these motors. People are curious enough about them, that a guy can kid around with them some, before explaining what kind of critter they're looking at.

It will be interesting to see what kind of project it will lead you. Maybe a go-cart, dune-buggy,---who knows?

Whatever? Best of luck!!!!

Oh, as the grand-kids would say. That little "happy dance" you gave when it rolled over was in order for an old guy.

I think I'll fix it myself, and pay the extra $500.

Last edited by Cayoterun; October 10th, 2013 at 07:13 AM.