Thread: Tailgate Color?
View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2015, 04:39 PM

Truck: 1968 KM2500
bigblockv6 will become famous soon enoughbigblockv6 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Tailgate Color?

The truck went away in Dec 1967 as part of agreement with the dealer that he would buy a new truck they would sell the 62 and it sold immediately. The new owner would be running back and forth from California to Mexico. 3 months later we took delivery of the new K-2500 and a couple of weeks later my father took it back in because the transfer case seals were leaking, the 62 was back at the dealer too with four flat tires and a mismatched spare. Looked like the truck was being run hard that was the last that was seen and heard about it, I suspect it probably became a piece of road debris somewhere in Mexico. The 62 was a K-1000 series with standard Cab and was called the deluxe seat. Came equipped from the factory with AM radio and clock, a Bat-O-Meter and Warn Hubs were added upon delivery. Over the next two years some dealer accessories were added like an inside rear view mirror, grille guard and a switch to amber signal lamp lenses. About two years later the spot lights were added along with roof clearance marker lamps but those were not done correctly because there were only 4 rather than 5. My father's needs for a truck were exceeding the capabilities of a 1/2 ton and he was breaking it often. It was time for a new bigger truck so the 68 was ordered and with the same accessories the 62 had but this time all in one package.