View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2023, 01:59 AM

Truck: 1967 K15 305E
jgpnashville is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1967 305e V6 Fuel Pump

I bought a Precision M20022 fuel pump from O'Reilly's and returned it because it was putting over 10psi into the carb. The 2nd unit does the same thing, so I've decided that 10psi must be within the design of the M20022 pump. The only design specs I can find on that unit state a minimum of 6.5psi (which it clearly is doing). It also shows up as being the recommended fuel pump for a Chevy C60 truck from the late 60's, so it doesn't quite match to my 305e in terms of what the Internet thinks is the right model. I cannot seem to locate an original AC Delco 40050 pump anywhere other than on eBay, so I'm wondering about installing a fuel pressure regulator and sticking with the M20022.

Would I be better off installing a regulator (such as a Holley 12-803) and keeping the M20022 mechanical fuel pump, or should I bite the bullet and just install an electric fuel pump? Something about me likes the simple mechanical pump, but I'm ready for the engine to run more reliably and I wonder if an electric fuel pump would save me headaches down the road.

It's a beautiful Memorial Day weekend and I would love to be out driving my old gal, rather than figuring out what the right fuel pump is.
Thanks.