View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2013, 07:14 PM

Truck: 1962 GMC C1000
BossChevy62 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 305D V6 rebuild parts ? buyable ? ? Custom made ? ? ?

Who is the guy who found Caterpillar Diesel valves that fit their GMC V6? I am in the process of rebuilding my 305 from top to bottom, inside and out, and my intake valves need to be replaced but I can't find them anywhere. I have tried EGGE and Kanter, Ebay, etc. with no luck. The other impossible to find item was the oversize pistons, I had to have them made by Arias Pistons, and they were $1100 for the set(forged 3-ring pistons), including new wrist pins, retainers, and piston rings. I had my cam custom ground to my specs by CompCams, and I found most of the engine parts like bearings, gaskets, timing chain set, oil pump, etc. at NAPA auto parts and Oreilly's. One of the biggest challenges was the main bearings, I found a guy in Louisiana who had a box of NOS bearings, because they don't exist anymore. I also picked up a set of hydraulic lifters for a chevy 235 inline 6, so I can have nice quiet smooth valves. The last piece of the puzzle to complete this engine is a set of intake valves, so if anyone has any, or can point me in the right direction, that would be great!