View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2013, 02:03 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: My woodsplitter project

Today me and The Boy got out early for some splitter work. I pulled out our rusty cylinder and we wire wheeled it. Then we primed it.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

While it dried we pulled the fenders out for some paint. They got roughed up a bit with a wire wheel then painted by The Boy himself using Rustoleum bedliner since they'll get rock chipped alot and it's easy to touch up without showing the before/after marks. We only painted the underside right now.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I stuck one of the leftover 2x2 pieces about 3 inches long on the tire as a spacer for the fenders.

Then I blew through this side welding it on. Grr. It looked nice before that. I welded up the hole and ground it down flush.

We finished off the cylinder in The Boy's favorite color, electric blue!

Then back to the fenders, we painted the tops. This makes all of the bottom half of the splitter complete I think. It's all painted in Rustoleum bedliner.

From there we flipped the entire thing over on top of my fancy filing cabinet welding table. There I welded on the trailer coupling with 7018 stuff. I didn't blow through either. Then we painted it with bedliner too on the underside. The top side will stay chrome.

We still have alot of welding to do on the beam but we couldn't get any cutting done because the new acetylene tanks I have need a different adapter to hook up. So we decided to stay with the painting theme. We can always scrape it off of the four places we still have to weld, right?

The inside of the beam shown had a little rust so we wire wheeled it and ospho'ed it.

The other side was clean and purdy so we primed it and the top!

Then we painted it. Yep, that's right, it's GMC Engine red!

That's what she looks like right now. Wednesday my tank adapter should be in, then I'll cut up my plate to weld on, mount the engine, mount the tank and cylinder, and the wedge for cutting. That's it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.