View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2015, 04:46 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How to change a water heater BY YOURSELF (for dummies?) with pictures

After a bunch of sawing it popped free

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Now I pulled the little closet door off so I could pull the heater out easier.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Powder puff took a pic of my "Ten Demandments while we got ready to go get the new one. She wanted me to share it with you guys. Click for bigger.

At Lowes we got the water heater, pipe nipples with heat protectors (plastic innards), a pipe cleaner, more propane in case I ran out, an extension to convert the soldered pipe to be a screw-on type, pipe dope, solder, and a pipe cutter. All told it was $440.00

When we got back the old tank was finally as empty as it was going to get, which means it was full of rocks and sediment in the bottom and weighted about 400 pounds. :ahh:

I wiggle walked it off the stand it sits on and let it fall to the floor, turning it as it fell so it didn't fall on the gas line. Smash!

After getting the "old tooth" out I stopped and we had some drinks to celebrate while the kids rode the thing like a mechanical bull. I don't drink anything but diet pepsi normally, but I heard a story about Samuel Adams drinking a cider every morning when he got up and thought hmm, I wonder what that's like. So I discovered "Angry Orchard" cider. It's kinda like a sweet apple flavor without the sickly sweetness of apple juice.

Downed that and off to open the new tank. I cut a little doorway in the back of the tank box with a box cutter and had one of the kids hold the box as I yanked on it. It popped free. I had a new water tank and the kids had a new cardboard outhouse. I didn't have any helpers for a good 15 minutes after that

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.