View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2021, 12:16 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1965 1002 GMC V6-305E
LEWISMATKIN will become famous soon enoughLEWISMATKIN will become famous soon enoughLEWISMATKIN will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Keep Points/Condenser or go Pertonix Ignition n

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziemeister'sV6 View Post
As a retired Industrial Electrician doing motor control with mechanical relays / switches being able to see function was a great asset - when the "magic black boxes" with wires came to age - such as the "hall effect" operation of the Pertonix Ignition you can't see "failure" - you just "assume" and throw/replace /replace and hope. I too - will keep my outdated point set-up - at least you can troubleshoot.
I remember the early years of GM hei, and how much i was frustrated when i ran all the ohm test that the training i recieved said to do, and no spark what ever i did. finally, i pulled the distributor and found a partial broken wire on the pole piece--had just enough strands to start the engine, but when the advance started moving, power was lost and the engine stopped. that is when i swore off electronic ignition for ever!!!!!! i can make an engine run with points/condensor and get home with it!!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.