View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2020, 11:55 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962, 1965, 1967
Ed Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: New to me 1963 GMC c2500 dually wrecker

Quote:
Welp I finally bought me a solid truck to start off with my build. It's. 63 GMC c2500 dually 2wd 4 speed with PTO on side . Has 305BB V-6 in it. I'm new to the site and wanted to join the folks who can help the most and that lead me here. The truck over all is pretty solid. It needs normal spots like lower fenders and driver side floor pan and lower inner doors and around top glass around windshield. Also needs both front cab braces and just a little work on inside of cab. With inner rockers and driver's side outer. This build will take me awhile to complete but for me it's been a dream to have one and I'll explain that dream. I wanna have a single rear wheel heavy truck with a long box fleet side bed on it. I just love that look especially lowered down some. Wanna keep 8 lug wheels and go disk all the way around. Rear tank in it instead of in cab as I am a bigger guy need just a little more room to fit comfortable. Btw right now I'm using as many parts as I have laying around to get her running and driving before I rear into the heavy stuff. But Here are some pics.
Welcome to the forum -- looks like you've got an awesome project on your hands! Please keep us updated with photos as it progresses.

I'm curious how you plan to fit a fleetside bed on it since I'm guessing you have a 133" wheelbase, not the 127" that long bed pickups have. If the fourth digit of your VIN is a 3 (as shown here

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

), then you have a wheelbase 6" longer than a long bed pickup. It sounds like you've got good metal-working skills though, dealing with repairing or replacing rusty sections. Splicing in an extra 6" into a long bed would be a lot of work, but definitely doable.

A minor point -- your truck is a 2500, not a c2500. The letter "c" is strictly for Chevy trucks from the '60 to '66 era. Don't feel bad though -- it's a common mistake that several others on our forum have made.
1962 K1000 Suburban 401M & SM420
1965 2500 Suburban 351C & SM420 with Watson overdrive
1967 CM1500 pickup 351E & NP435