Thread: Novice
View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2022, 11:59 PM

Truck: 62 custom 1000, 63 K1000
63gmc4x4 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Novice

Quote:
Couple ideals have been mentioned about your carburetor choices - if your truck was mine - I am speaking this because I have been thru where you are - get your kit and follow the rebuild recipe from "Mikes" and hope your problem is over for a while - or get a later 2 barrel intake and rebuild the original 2 barrel carburetor that would come on it. While the Holley 500 is a GREAT carburetor and runs as well on a engine that can digest the amount of gas offered - putting one on a STOCK 305 V6 is a recipe for sleepless nights and fouled spark plugs. I run a Holley 500 on my 351 Magnum with good results BUT the engine has been tricked with a custom camshaft, shaved heads and block decked, full flow dual exhaust with a H pipe and multiple "trail and error" carb jet changes and accelerator ramps. Short story is the Holley 500 will make your 305 fall flat on its face.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I don't what planet your on but, both my stock 305s run great with the Holley, and also my 351E and my brothers 305 in fact one is my daily driver and I just returned from a 250 mile road trip with it not one in problem even has stock y pipe, plenty of power and reliability, there's lots of guys on here running them and few even running a 4 barrel.