View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2019, 04:49 AM

Truck: 64 1/2 ton
tbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 1964 GMC Model 1002 build journal

Thank you sir. Nothing to report this week, I've been down with a nasty cold. Caught it from touching the pen at the DMV when I changed the title over and wrote the check. The gift that keeps on giving.
Steve

While I'm on a rant, how bout this one: I live in Washington and travelled down to Oregon to get a rust free truck, done that twice now. My 53 5 window came from Medford and lived on the farm, had fifty pounds of caked on mud in the under carriage, no rust. The GMC hailed from the Willamette valley and was almost as nice. Anyway paid a premium price to get the truck I wanted, I had looked for years to find cancer free sheet metal. I go to Oregon and for those that dont know Oregon does not have state sales tax. I bring the truck up here and titled it and the first thing the lady at the DMV does is get out the old car price guide. Proceeded to tell me that a number one truck is worth 65K, I laughed at her and told her the truck is a basket case and will not need to register it because it wont be road worthy for five years. Slight exaggeration on my part, you get the point. Well after paying 700 dollars to retitle it, I walk out of there bruised pretty good around Christmas time. I fail to see the connection on how this state seems to feel they can tax a truck bought in another state, I guess I'm dumb. WE have the highest taxes up here second only to california, the last election we voted in a $35 dollar annual tabs and the attorney general says the voters dont count, the governor repealed it. Sounds like taxation without representation up here in the socialiatic state of Washington. Rant off. The tax paid isnt based on what I paid but more to the perceived value of the truck based on condition. We can thank all those kooks at Barrett Jackson for that.
Steve

1953 Chevrolet 3100
261 cu inch, SM420
Finished Cab off restoration

1964 GMC 1000
305 V6, SM 420
Restoration is now started, still looking for an oldsmobile style power steering pump

Last edited by tbucketnut; December 8th, 2019 at 05:01 AM.