View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2020, 12:33 AM

Truck: 64 1/2 ton
tbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 1964 GMC Model 1002 build journal

Been working on the bed sides and front panel and tail gate. Stripping and doing hammer and dolly and body work. Not a lot of dents this bed was very well cared for over the years. Somebody had coated the bed sides inside of tailgate and front bed panel with bedliner. This stuff really preserved the condition of the parts but it is an absolute bear to strip off. To do it right it would have to be chemically stripped I feel but I plan on recoating the bedsides and front panel inside tailgate with bedliner again so no need to take it all the way down.

This truck has had at least two canopies on it over the years as evidence to the 11 holes in each bedside top rail. I ended up mig welding up the holes, which means I have to repaint the bedsides now. So since it is getting repainted I'm changing the color and shooting the entire truck in a different color. There are a couple places I want to check to see if there is any corrosion anyway like the bottom of the front fenders and front of the doors. So this seemingly easy bed wood replacement has turned into a complete truck re do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2341.jpg (51.8 KB, Multiple views, 6 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_2396.jpg (51.1 KB, Multiple views, 5 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_2399.jpg (40.3 KB, Multiple views, 8 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_2400.jpg (35.4 KB, Multiple views, 5 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_2404.jpg (58.6 KB, Multiple views, 8 clicks)

1953 Chevrolet 3100
261 cu inch, SM420
Finished Cab off restoration

1964 GMC 1000
305 V6, SM 420
Restoration is now started, still looking for an oldsmobile style power steering pump