View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2020, 12:49 AM

Truck: 64 1/2 ton
tbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 1964 GMC Model 1002 build journal

Well one thing leads to another. I absolutely hate needless drilled holes and abandoned drilled holes in the interior of the truck. The rear inside cab panel had 10 holes in it where somebody had installed two different gun racks in it. I have nothing against gun racks and would of kept it if it was still on the truck but the only thing left were the evidence of discarded drilled holes. So I planned on filling these holes and re-shooting the interior in the correct color. Somebody repainted it gold and I just cant take that color.

Again one thing leads to another, I decide to make a panoramic rear window now so I'll be cutting up the outer sheet metal and replacing the inner cab back panel, at least I dont have to weld up the holes now. Always preferred the big windows over the small back window trucks anyway, since there is a well fitting panel being made now, meaning I dont need to hunt down a donor truck. I decided now was the time/. So with shipping the back panel was 5 bills delivered to my door plus I have to buy new glass and weather stripping. I've been saving so much money being quarantined and all, might as well feed my habit this way.

More to come
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0176.JPG (1.13 MB, Multiple views, 9 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_0177.JPG (1,020.7 KB, Multiple views, 9 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_0180.JPG (981.0 KB, Multiple views, 8 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_0182.JPG (1.04 MB, Multiple views, 9 clicks)

1953 Chevrolet 3100
261 cu inch, SM420
Finished Cab off restoration

1964 GMC 1000
305 V6, SM 420
Restoration is now started, still looking for an oldsmobile style power steering pump