View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2020, 04:56 PM

Truck: 1965 GMC 910
Kerzy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Engine dies under load.

Yes, I’m currently running off a Jerry can because the factory tank is getting cleaned.
The truck starts now if I choke it, no need to put gas down the carb, but it will still stall if you hit the gas, I need to feather it slowly to increase the rpm in order to drive it; then when I let out the clutch I will want to die so I need to feather it some more. Sometimes it does stall. If I hit the gas hard you can hear air and then it will want to stall.

I removed the power piston in the Rochester B carb, cleaned it up, installed the new return spring and check ball and small spring. It did move freely by hand but maybe it’s getting stuck somehow? I’m very sure I put all the correct check !Bork!!Bork!!Bork!!Bork!!Bork! in the right places. I followed mike carb parts rebuild video on YouTube as well as the print out sheet from his web site.

With the new fuel pump and dizzy the truck is running better and will idle very nice but it is still not running “right”

I’m sitting at 8° timing with the dwell at 30. Plugs are gapped properly.

I will spray some ether to see if I can determine if/where the leak is coming from.