View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2021, 04:51 AM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500
Caseyjones is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1964 Palomino Tan build

it's been a little while but I've been working on it. I spent a bunch of time on the suspension conversion - disc conversion with CPP modular C20-to-C10 conversion spindles in the front, and the conversion to trailing arms in the rear. I had to replace the steering column due to a stripped out steering shaft so I also converted to a collapsible column. I put a c-notch in the rear and installed a 7" single diaphragm booster with a 1" bore master cylinder, and I drilled a new pushrod hole 1" lower on the pedal. Brake feel is really good on this truck.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I put tires on 15x6 front and 15x8 rear steel wheels, and the stance is pretty much right where i want it.

I put a Holley on the engine and had to replace the radiator, I went with a Champion aluminum unit since it was 1/3 the cost of re-coring the original. The new radiator fit pretty well, just needed to make us some new rubber cushions for it. I've been able to drive it a little bit and the motor is strong, no leaks and no bad noises, but the clutch and transmission are hammered.

Next will be a short wheelbase conversion. I've got an AX15 transmission and Novak adapter ready to go. I did an NP440 in my C10 and I love it, hoping this AX15 is even nicer. And cutting the truck down makes it much easier to use in the city (and fit into my garage). Should have it chopped down in the next month or so, then I plan to do a little body work and drive it...