View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2022, 09:55 PM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500
Caseyjones is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1964 Palomino Tan build

Well, I took the plunge:

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I followed my plan of making clearance for the socket head cap screws on the upper mount locations. I had to grind back on the ribs a bit to make clearance for both the bolt and the hex socket that I used to tighten down the bolts. Still seems like there is plenty of meat on the case, and I didn't get too close to any of bolts that hold the adapter to the transmission. I also had to drill out the threads in the upper holes on the Novak adapter.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I used the stock GMC clutch, pilot bearing and throwout bearing and it all appears to be functioning properly. Driveshaft is being built so haven't driven it yet. The original Comanche shifter looks like it will hit the seat so I'm going to have to do something different with that.

I've also finished shortening the truck:

I've gotten the frame welded back together, replaced the brake line, installed a 1966+ parking brake setup, and cut the new hole for the shifter. Still have to reconnect the fuel line, install the driveshaft, cobble up the exhaust, install the new speedometer cable, and do a fluid change. Can't wait to see how the truck responds to all of the changes.