View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2013, 01:52 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sm318 Transmission Plugs and Transfer case plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdriller View Post
I am a bit turned around after this read.....I used to have a clue.....an' now I'm wondering if [I] do but maybe I don't.
Is it possible you mean the input shaft when yer saying tailshaft...?

Also....for the record....FYI....
When working with the needle brgs in the main shaft...if you clean everything up with brake cleaner or hot solvent....you can wipe some assembly grease or even brg. grease on the shaft and then stick the needle bearings to it. They'll stay right there while you put things together...and won't give you any trouble.
The flip side to that is to grease the other side (female side ) of the shaft and stick the needles in there....and then assemble...

Good luck,....
That's possible. I don't know what anything is called really. I'm learning as I go. What I'm calling the tailshaft is the bolted on piece on the end of the transmission. It has five bolts and ends in a pointy bit with a seal on the end of it. The driveshaft goes into that.

I used bearing grease to stick the needles on the shaft. It worked pretty good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.