View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2014, 11:43 PM

Truck: 1967 GMC 1/2 ton
triteddy57 is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Priming a 351e v6 engine

Thanks for your input.
When you say try to "crank it" do you mean using the electric starter? If that's what you mean should I re-install the Distributor or does that matter? I have marked where the tab was pointing and have not touched the crank by hand since I took the distributor off. (From what I have seen on you-tube doing so could make it difficult to get everything re-aligned again. I'm sure an experienced mechanic could do that with ease but I have to realize my limitations and I fear I could cause a situation that could create a new problem. I have seen where people re-position the crank by aligning it with some type of groove on one of the wheels that hold a belt. (I think it had a belt, I may have to go back and watch that one again if I can find it) with a certain point on the front of the engine. There are so many scenarios and some videos often leave out an important detail or new concept assuming one knows the other details already. It's all new to me and takes awhile to absorb. The maintenance and engine over haul books kind of help but the audience for them was obviously experienced, paid, professional GM mechanics.
Thanks again for your help I really appreciate it.