View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2014, 12:08 AM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: Priming a 351e v6 engine

Put distributor back on after you run drill long enough to get oil. You can't hurt anything but the drill that way. You can reset distributor if you loose the position, but for you it would be better to reinstall before turning motor. Also you will be starting it after prelim cranking. Yes cranking means using starter. There are other issues here, points, condenser, wires, plugs, etc, involved in an actual start up. You can try however and see if it fires. It does not have to start but should fire. Then you know it's doable with more help. You should wait for other members to give their advice and you should find a friend that knows a little more about motors. The start up of this motor is no different than any other dormant motor restart. Keep checking your post for others to respond besides me. In the mean time report back if you are able to see oil flow with valve covers off as you run drill. You did not answer my question about screen and did not respond to filling filter. You need to answer questions from posters as they try to help. The more I read from you indicates less experience than first thought. Internet help may not be the best for you on this. You will learn a lot, some correct, some not. You need a good ol' boy to help in person. Carlisle used to be the heart of rodding and motor heads.

Last edited by AZKen; November 22nd, 2014 at 02:27 AM.