View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2022, 08:49 PM

Truck: 64 1/2 ton
tbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 1964 GMC Model 1002 build journal

Well my parade is getting rained on. My V6 is out and I've completed measuring up everything. I bought a set of main bearings last year and have connecting rod bearing too. The piston bores have a .006" ridge at the top and so it will need a .030 over bore. Problem is I have not been able to source pistons. I can get cylinder sleeves and might be able to use the stock pistons and get them knurled to fit the sleeves. My pandora's box has been opened. I'd love to keep this engine, but it is not looking too good right now. I have another 305 complete motor I picked up and it was stored inside since it was removed. I might pull that one apart and take a look see too. Right now I'm punting the football and will play defense for awhile doing some rust repair in the rockers. I love this old GMC. Having a blast.
Thanks for reading, Steve

1953 Chevrolet 3100
261 cu inch, SM420
Finished Cab off restoration

1964 GMC 1000
305 V6, SM 420
Restoration is now started, still looking for an oldsmobile style power steering pump