Thread: Ignition help
View Single Post
Old June 23rd, 2013, 08:14 AM

Truck: 1963 C-1500 Custom
Snags is on a distinguished road
Default Ignition help

I'm trying to get my 63 with a 305E up and running but it doesn't seem to be putting spark out of the coil. The truck has sat for about 8-10 years without running and I have put in a new battery, starter, coil, wires and plugs. The resistance wire looked a little chaffed near the coil so I cut off the last 3 or so inches and butt-connected a few inches of "regular" wire and hooked up the coil (this may have negated the actual resistance properties of the wire). The resistance wire seems to (not sure but I know it doesn't go to the starter) go from the positive side of coil to the connector on the fire wall, and this connector was a little corroded so i sprayed some electrical connector cleaner in it and blew it out with the air hose. There is also a green wire running from the positive on the coil to the R terminal on the starter solenoid. When I turn the starter over and remove the coil wire to the distributor and place it near the fire wall I don't see any spark. Any helpful suggestions?