View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2016, 02:55 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Project "Honor your Father" - Ultra quick boat project (I hope)

The oil pump replacement wasn't too bad. I found it plugged in to two little round wires. I was worried I was going to have to cut it. That repair cost me $150 bucks.

Since this isn't a step by step style because I thought Ron would have a fit, I don't have a bunch of how-to pics. But here's some of the kids helping out.

First, The Boy playing Pilot. The little Blonde is now old enough to get outside and get into stuff (4) so she's got a sponge and she's soaping up the inside.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Here's The Boy, The Powder Puff, and the Little Blonde soaping up and using the shop vac to suck out the random leaves, dead and dried up minnows, and whatnot from all the storage on this thing. You could hide an army in all the cubbys!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Here's the seat problem. All the seats were like this.

Here's the Powder Puff working on removing the seat backs. They only use two screws to hold them down. There's two hooks on the back that just slip on receivers.

I took one of the seats down to an upholstery shop and they said, "No can do. You probably need new seats. It'll be $650.00". I said thanks and went straight to Wal-Mart. I bought some white thread for sewing blue jeans (tough stuff) and some thick needles. In two days I had them all repaired. They weren't even ripped, just the seams had popped. Total cost - About $4.00

Of course my hands felt like they had arthritis for 4 days afterward, but it was worth it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.