View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2016, 01:04 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Project "Honor your Father" - Ultra quick boat project (I hope)

Quote:
You will want to replace the water pump, that is considered a maintenance item. I could not tell from the photo. What brand engine. On Johnsone Evinrude motors, oil pump and fuel pump are all in one. Fuel part might work right and oil side not work, the cheap thing to do is do away with the oil injection and mix gas. Let me know if you have any questions, my neighbor is a boat mechanic.
That's good advice!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I might mix gas anyway for safety. Seems like too many moving parts in there for things to be reliable. Maybe it's trustworthy, but it seems like 1 million points of failure.

The motor is a Yamaha 175. It has two fuel pumps on the side of the carbs and two injection tubes for oil on top of each set of carbs. It's a lot to get your head around when you first pop the cowling, I can tell you that haha!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.