Thread: Motor Mounts
View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2023, 02:04 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1960 GMC 3/4 Ton
Walys60 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Motor Mounts

AZKen/BobBray, Thanks Gents, you guys are on top of it! Very much appreciate the help.

So, yes, the rubber that goes under (inside) the cross member for the rears is available and I have that (picture shown). Thanks BobBray, I was wondering what they were doing with that single post trans mount. So that is an option but would be better to keep the two post I’m sure. I am ‘ok’ paying the (sigh) $160+ for the pair of fronts, I guess, as long as I can get something else done for the rears.

So, it sounds like it comes down to the 2 pads in the rear ‘saddle’ mount. I added a couple pictures to show that it is 2 separate mounts that just fit in the sides of the saddle. The steel actually just sits right on the top of the cross member (metal on metal). So the rubber doesn’t actually ‘wrap’ around the cross member. Point taken though…just try to find a mount that fits between the cross member and the inside of the saddle. So too thick and it won’t fit…too thin and..maybe I can bend the saddles?

Not sure if you can tell by the pictures but rubber 'mounts' are sandwiched between steel, a lot like the front mounts. Well, they were at one time. The one that is outside the saddle is because it’s completely separated and its metal is still bolted to the saddle.

Anyway, I won’t bother with the big guy parts stores as they rarely have anyone in there with any concept of what I’m trying to do…they can bring me a part as long as I have a part number but that’s about it. I have a Merle’s though and those guys always work with me on this stuff and are pretty knowledgeable. I’ll take what I’ve got there and see what I can come up with.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20230307_125914057.jpg (2.10 MB, Multiple views, 4 clicks)
File Type: jpg PXL_20230307_125940990.jpg (1.72 MB, Multiple views, 4 clicks)
File Type: jpg PXL_20230307_125955942.jpg (2.46 MB, Multiple views, 3 clicks)

Last edited by Walys60; March 7th, 2023 at 03:06 PM.