View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2018, 12:52 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

After sitting for a couple of days with the reservoir full I got it working again by pumping the clutch. I guess it just needed to drain down some, but there's still a leak to fix....

Also, Cecilia quit working again. As in, she wouldn't start. I pulled off the gas line and guess what? No gas. I guess all that time with the tank empty while I was changing it broke the fuel pump? I don't know, but either way I knew it wasn't pumping.

So, back to the auto parts store. I bought a new one for $80 bucks with a LIFETIME WARRANTY....

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

And started putting it in, when the Powder Puff decided to come out and give me a hand! Surprise, surprise!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

We got it in pretty straightaway. I added a new clear fuel filter too so i can see what's going on in there. Part number:

After that Cecilia fired right up again. She's alive!

The Little Blonde pretend-drove her around a little before I got in to take them for a spin (she's in the foreground, just hair lol). I was surprised when I let out on the clutch and Cecilia didn't move. She revved fine, but didn't move an inch. that's when I noticed the 4wd lever sticking up abnormally. I guess The Little Blonde had shifted it up into neutral and I was just sitting there like an idiot, wondering what else was going to go wrong today!

Well once that was back in gear we took off down the road. Cecilia wasn't running right, pretty rough any time I gave her gas actually. And the transmission still won't go into 2nd gear. But we were able to scoot her around the block and wave at some strangers. Good times!

I think I'll pull her around to the garage next week and fiddle with that slave cylinder, transmission and maybe the timing a bit. Learning as we go!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.